Saturday, August 15, 2015

Shaved Zucchini Salad with Almonds & Parmesan

     A few weeks ago the hubby invited one of his coworkers over to dinner, since he was new to the area.  So I wanted to make a yummy meal.  I have been so inspired by my new The Vineyard Kitchen Cookbook and all the fresh seasonal food here, I just had to try out some new recipes!  Here is one of my newest favorites!  Hope you like it as much as I do!





What you need:

1/2 cup balanced slivered almonds (I used whole almonds)
2 lbs small zucchini (2 inch diameter)
1 lemon
Fleur de Sel
Freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, fluffy not packed
1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

How to make it:

Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
Spread the almonds on a sheet pan and toast them in the preheated oven until they are golden, about 8 minutes.  Reserve.
Wash the zucchini and dry them.
Trim off the ends.
Cut the squash in half lengthwise.
By hand or using a mandolin (I used a vegetable peeler), slice the zucchini on the bias as thinly as possible.
Reserve in a big bowl.
To assemble the salad, toss the zucchini with the juice of the lemon and season with the Fleur de Sel and pepper.  Add the toasted almonds, parsley leaves, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil.
Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve immediately and ENJOY!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10