Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday Foodie Favorites: Giada De Laurentiis' Pork Chop Milanese & Lemon Thyme Risotto Meal Starter Kit

     So this week, I wanted to cook up some pork chops, but was kinda in a time crunch.  I didn't want to make the same ole pork chops I usually make and I didn't feel like searching for a new recipe just so I could go out and buy all the ingredients I didn't have to make it.  So, while picking out a birthday present at Target I decided to check out Giada De Laurentiis' boxed meal starter kits to see if anything sparked my interest.  Well, I was in luck, I found this one to make Pork Chop Milanese with Lemon Thyme Risotto.  I thought PERFECT! I already had the pork chops defrosted, I just needed to pick up a couple of lemons, the rest of the ingredients were included in the starter kit or I already had at home!



All you need are some pork chops ( I used ones without the bone),
EVOO, Veggie oil, eggs, butter, lemon, and the starter kit.


I started on the Risotto first...
toasted it in some EVOO, then added water and seasoning pack.
Brought to a boil, added the rest of the water, and let simmer
for 20 minutes or so.


Next started on the pork chops.
Heated the veggie oil on medium heat.
Whisked the eggs in a bowl, poured the bread crumbs in another bowl.
Seasoned the pork chops with salt and pepper, 
then dipped (one at a time) into the bread crumbs,
then egg wash (let extra egg drip off), 
then back into the bread crumbs.
Placed them in the pan, let cook 4-6 minutes on each side
(depending on how thick or thin the pork chops are).


I sliced up some lemons to squeeze over the chops.
Served it with a nice green salad and there ya go!
ENJOY!





post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10