Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Monthly Menu: Turkey Cheeseburger, Curly Fries, & Cucumber Tomato Salad


     I was recently asked if I knew of any good turkey burger recipes...so I did some searching and found one that looked pretty good.  Supposedly it is Oprah's "Favorite" turkey recipe, so if it's good enough for her, then why not give it a try! And I'm glad I did, it was very delightful and tasty!

August 5th: Turkey Cheeseburgers, Curly Fries, and Cucumber Tomato Salad

Found the recipe on Food.com.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup scallion (thinly sliced)
1/2 cup celery (finely chopped)
3 granny smith apples (peeled and diced, I used only 1)
1/8 cup canola oil
4 lbs ground turkey breast (I only used 1/2 lb, since I didn't want to make a lot of patties)
2 TBsp salt
1 TBsp ground pepper
2 TBsp Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce (I omitted this, since I don't like Tabasco)
1 lemon (zest and juiced)
1/2 bunch parsley (finely chopped)
1/4 cup Major Grey Chutney (pureed)

How to make it:

Sauté the scallions, celery, and apples in the canola oil until tender, let cool.
Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl.
Add sautéed items and the salt, pepper, Tabasco, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, and chutney.
Shape into eight 8-oz burgers.
Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Season the turkey burgers with salt and pepper.
Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill.
Grill each side for 7 minutes until meat is throughly cooked.
Let set for 5 minutes then Enjoy with some fries and a salad!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10