Monday, April 29, 2013

Pan-Seared Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries & Pecans

     I know I mentioned this recipe in my Easter post, but it is just so good I thought it deserved it very own post.  I found this recipe on Pinterest from a yummy blog by Rachel Schultz.  It was so easy and DELISH!


Ingredients

1 pound brussels sprouts, de-stemed and halved
2/3 cup fresh cranberries
1/3 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1/3 pecans, toasted
2 cups barley, cooked
1 TBsp maple syrup
1 TBsp balsamic vinegar
Olive oil
Salt & pepper



Preparations

Heat skillet with drizzling of olive oil over medium heat.  
Season brussels sprouts with salt & pepper and combine with cranberries in skillet.  
Cook sprouts and cranberries for 8-10 minutes, until berries begin to burst and sprouts become tender.  Add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup.  
Stir to coat and remove from heat.  
Toss barley, sprouts, cranberries, and pecans in a large bowl.  
Top with gorgonzola and serve.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10