Sunday, January 13, 2013

Christmas in Texas

     As I mentioned in my previous post, we planned on spending Christmas in Texas with our families.  However, due to the hubby's work schedule that meant driving 8+ hours to San Antonio on Christmas Eve.  It was a simple plan, but the night of the 23rd, Liam started feeling really sick.  Fever, chills, cough, and achy.....so we had to make a decision if we were still going to drive or not.  The morning of the 24th, he was feeling better and his fever had gone.  So I loaded up the car and we headed toward Texas.  Of course, we didn't get very far when his fever had returned and his cough started getting worse, good thing I brought the Tylenol, but we kept going.  It took us, what seemed like forever, to get there....we finally arrived around 1:30am (Texas time).  We quickly unloaded the car and put the kiddos to bed, we soon followed.  Later that morning we woke up around 9am-ish, the latest we've ever slept in on Christmas morning, and headed down stairs to open presents.

Santa came!


Presents, Presents everywhere!


Every Christmas someone plays "Santa" and hands out all the gifts, 
this year it was my Brother-in-law, Brandon.


The hubby & Liam opening gifts


My brother & sister opening some too


Dad watching all the unwrapping 


Mom holding Kinley so I could open my gifts


After we had breakfast and all got dressed, 
the hubby's family came over to celebrate with us.





Nana & Papa opening some presents too


Mom opened up hers too


Is it me or does Christmas day seem to go by so fast? 
We all had a great time, even Liam who was still feeling sicky.  

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10